You or your customer see Error 2502 or 2503 when you try to install Instant Housecall
This error originates in the operating system.
1) Date on your computer is set incorrectly.
- Correct the date and time
- Microsoft knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315636
2) Incorrect permissions on Windows installer directory (C:\Windows\Installer)
- This is a hidden system folder
- In Explorer, under View, click Show Hidden Files
- Right click the Installer directory
- Choose Properties -> Security (tab)
- Click Advanced
- Choose the Group or Users for whom you want to change the permissions
- Click Edit, then Edit again
- In the lower Permissions for SYSTEM box, change the permissions. For example to provide full control make sure a check appears in the Allow column for Full Control and remove Deny checkmarks, if prse
An Instant Housecall user, Anne, has submitted this workaround. Your mileage may vary:
3) Elevate Explorer.exe
- Open Task Manager
- Click Details Tab -> "explorer.exe"
- Click End Task
- Open Task Manager again
- File -> Run "explorer.exe"
- Benath the edit box, add a checkmark to "Create this task with administrative privileges"