Activate Screen Capturing MacOS Mojave and Newer
If you are having trouble with your screen capturing, it may be a permissions problem with your MacOS.
MacOS Mojave and newer versions add the app permissions panel for screen capturing. Prior to this update, app permissions only included accessing your location, contacts, photos, calendar, and reminders. Review which apps have permission to access your screen capturing by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and click the Privacy tab at the top.
Reset Your Screenshot Tool
With this system update, Apple gave users the choice to have more power over their computer’s controls. This system is called TCC, or “Transparency, Consent, and Control.” These controls can make it easy to accidentally block Instant Housecall from your screenshot tool
To reset your permissions and give Instant Housecall access to capture screen:
- Close the Instant Housecall app
- Find the Terminal app on your computer and open it
- 3. Enter “tccutil reset ScreenCapture com.instanthousecall.InstantHousecall” at the prompt. This will reset the Instant Hosuecall permissions on your computer
- Go to Settings & Privacy > Screen Recording, and find the Instant Housecall icon. You’ll need to quit and restart Instant Housecall to activate the change.
- Go to Settings & Privacy > Screen Recording, and find the Instant Housecall icon. Click to confirm that it is active and ready to go!