Version 6.5 brings improvements and rebranding to the UI for Win32 and Mac, plus new features to the Win32 app. Mac Catalina 64-bit support has been added. New servers have been deployed to the America-West region.
Version 6.5 also introduces several updates to Auto PC Repair. Auto PC Repair has been updated with new applicatoins, configs, and functionality.
Version 6.5 is both forward and backward compatible. You can use Specialist 6.5 with older versions of the Customer software, and older versions of the Customer software with Specialist 6.5.
While updating to 6.5 is not required, it is recommended for both Customer and Specialist.
How to upgrade Customer software:
- Option 1: Remote upgrade. When you connect via an on-demand (attended) session, you will be prompted to upgrade your customer's software.
- Option 2: Over-install. Direct your customer to your website or support portal. When they download the newest version, the old version will be automatically uninstalled and replaced with 6.5.
How to upgrade Specialist software:
(Win32) Download the Specialist Sign-in from https://www.instanthousecall.com/SpecialistInstaller.msi
- This upgrade is free for all subscribers.
- Desktop Specialist (Win32)
- Customer (Win32)
- OS X Customer (please see known issues below)
- UI updates, new branding
- Multi-factor authentication. On the Specialist side, right click the system tray icon, then choose Security > Mult-factor authentication.
- Bug fix: Black screen when connecting to some PCs
- Bug fix: Cbhange Password confirmation appears beneath Change Password window
- Faster file transfers
- Search unattended access list
- Automatically accept reconnects
- New support portal
- Update to 64-bit Catalina
- 32-bit support has been deprecated and is no longer supported
- Several UI changes and new branding updates
Contact support at instanthousecall.com/support