Email Specialist on Remote Support Request
If a customer makes a remote support request but the specialist is offline, an automated email should be sent to the specialist notifying him.
This feature already exists in Instant Housecall:
When your Customer tries to reach you, and you’re not available, your Customer will be given three options:
- Wait for Specialist to Sign in
- Contact another member of Specialist’s team
- Leave a message
When your customer leaves a message it will automatically be sent to you via e-mail.
If you are on the Professional Edition and have SMS notifications set up, they will also be sent to you via SMS with your Customer’s contact details.
There are three potential issue that I see if we took this route:
1) A net-new customer would have no details to show the Specialist. You'd end up with a lot of notifications that tell you someone ran the software but didn't connect, but you wouldn't know who they were
2) It makes the software excessively chatty, especially for Specialists with high volumes. The excessive e-mail would likely be ignored by most Specialists and perceived as a nuisance
3) Sometimes a Customer will use Instant Housecall to connect to a different Specialist from the one who it's originally run
Is it possible for an email to be sent automatically when those three options are displayed, BEFORE the customer picks which option they would prefer? If they close the dialog and do not select "leave a message", I am unaware of the connection attempt. I would like to be aware of connection attempts while I am away from my machine, so I can better manage which times I am available remotely.