Automatically pick the right technician
Is there a way to have my technician accounts automatically picked from the drop down instead of asking the customer to do it?
By default, Instant Housecall will automatically choose the most sensible Specialist based on a set of rules.
Here is the default behavior you can expect:
- if the customer has worked with a specific Specialist recently, the call will be routed to that Specialist
- if that Specialist is not available, they’ll be routed to someone else on the same team
- if nobody is available on that team, they’ll be routed to someone at the same company
- finally, if nobody is available, they’ll be prompted to leave a message or wait for a Specialist to sign-in.
Your customer can also explicitly choose a different Specialist from the drop-down on the Start Session screen or by clicking the Options tab.
If this isn’t the behavior you prefer, you can pass a “Specialist Preference” in the download URL.
There are two different modes for Specialist Preference:
- sticky mode: defaults to the last contacted Specialist if available. If none exists or not available, use the Specialist passed by Specialist Preference.
- authoritative mode: always use the Specialist passed in Specialist Preference, regardless of a user’s history with other technicians.
To pass a Specialist preference, change the download URL on your website by appending “&specialistPreferencefirstname.lastname@example.org”.
By default, your mode is set to sticky. If you prefer authoritative, e-mail email@example.com to have your account settings changed.